Meet Lauren Nixon, the vivacious food and wellness educator from Washington, D.C that teaches adults and children the importance of creating positive and healthy relationships with food by utilizing local, organic, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
Calcite is one of the most diverse and important groups of minerals that can be attuned to humans to stimulate and reinforce the process of spiritual evolution.
The word Chakra means "wheel" in Sanskrit, there are 7 major energy centers in the human body (and hundreds of minor ones). Chakras receive, assimilate, and distribute energy throughout our energetic fields (auras). Each Chakra is unique as it has it's own characteristics and functions. These 7 energy systems resonate and vibrate at the same frequency as their respective colors of the rainbow, and are the network through which the body, mind and spirit, can come together. Your chakras are also energy vortexes (disc) that distribute universal life force energy throughout the body. This life energy is called "Prana" and flows down through the top of your head (the crown chakra) through your spine, to your pelvic floor (root chakra).
Our root chakra for example is represented as the color red, it is a very dense Earth vibration. Whereas our upper crown Chakra vibrates at the highest frequency.When energy flows evenly through each chakra we are balanced and able to achieve optimal health. Our chakras work together and when one becomes damaged, blocked, or overloaded the other chakras will try to compensate, which creates strain and suffering within the entire system. All of the components of our chakra system need to work together in synch with one another in order to maintain balance in our bodily and spiritual system.
I will share the Seven Chakras, color properties and their corresponding stones. Many books and searches on chakras, crystals and healing may have some conflicting information, I recommend doing your own research, and using which stones resonate best for your specific needs. I have also shared some of the characteristics of a healthy balanced chakra, as well as the characteristics of an imbalanced chakra center. "Chakra practices" are practical activities that can be done daily to help us reconnect, and re-balance the energy centers that may be imbalanced.
First Chakra: Muladhara (support)
- Balanced: first energy characteristics is: balanced, grounded, healthy, safe and patient.
- Imbalanced: Money issues, addictions, low self-esteem.
- Stones: red and black stones such as ruby, coral, garnet, red jaspar, hematite, obsidian, black tourmaline.
Red is the symbol of life , strength, vitality as well as physical nature, our Earth connection and survival needs. Red will stimulate and is associated with heart, fire, anger, and passion.The red of terrestrial fire is transmuted into golden yellow (pure spirit) as it rises. Red is the color of primitive types. For healing red stones are effective in bringing healing energy in deficient nutrition, depression, or lethargy. It is a stimulating vibration. First Chakra Practice: Sit in nature, take your shoes off and let your feet sink into the grass, sand, or dirt. Plant a garden, do something that will connect you to the Earth.
Second Chakra (Svadisthana): 1-2 inches below navel or branching left side at spleen.
- Balanced: spontaneous, social, passionate, and trusting.
- Imbalanced: Lack of Spontaneity, rigid beliefs, sexual issues, resentful
- Stones: Carnelian, orange calcite, tiger's eye
Orange is the symbol of energy, composed of both red and yellow. Red symbolizes personality while yellow is symbolic of wisdom. Which is why the integration of the two colors we are capable of overcoming anger and establish self control. For healing, orange is essential for health and vitality. It is a warm and positive color which is also stimulating and has been said to regulate the intake of food. The second chakra is about friendliness, creativity, self-motivation sexuality, emotions and intuition. Second chakra practice: Join a community group, try a new activity, do anything that involves water, and nurturing yourself.
Third Chakra Solar Plexus (manipuraka)
- Balanced:Confident, warm, empowered and energetic.
- Imbalanced:Powerlessness, Stomach related issues, anger,confused
- Stones: Yellow & Golden stones: Amber, Goldstone, Topaz, Citrine.
- Yellow is the symbol of the mind, intellect, high intelligence, wisdom and the mental plane. Yellow is positive, magnetic, and its vibration has a tonic effect on the nerves. The solar plexus can be seen as the "organizing brain" of the nervous system. It is our inner "Sun", or "power center" and should be kept in balance. Yellow is a great equalizer for irritable conditions of the nervous system, which can unbalance the energy of the solar plexus. our third chakra affects our self-confidence,mental clarity, happiness, and courage. Third Chakra practice: write down what angers you, and burn it. Focus on a martial art, cry at a sad movie, but always remember to laugh.
Fourth Chakra (Anahatha) Heart Center
- Balanced:Compassionate, nurturing, forgiving, understanding.
- Imbalanced:Heart related health issues, coldness towards others, despair, unworthy of love
- Stones: Green & Pink stones are with the heart center: Emerald, green tourmaline, malachite, jade, aventurine, Rose Quartz, moss agate, green calcite, rhodochrosite, pink calcite, unakite..
The heart chakra is the center of compassion, when this chakra is open, you transcend the limits of ego and identify with other people, plants, animals and all of life. Green is the color of nature and offers us the balancing vibration of healing our nervous system. Green is radiated everywhere in nature, from plants, grass, and tress to blossoming new flowers it IS nature. The color green, and its corresponding stones do not excite, inflame, or irritate and because of this strong influence on the heart chakra working with green stones makes for excellent aid in heart problems, or blood pressure disorders. Pink stones also work on the heart, the color pink offers the healing of softness, affection, love. This is wonderful for those who would like to allow more softness into their heart centered meditations. Pink tourmaline, kunzite, and rose quartz are excellent in this case. 4th Chakra practice: Take yourself on a date, be romantic and kind to yourself. Volunteer in your community, forgive someone, more importantly, practice forgiving yourself. Reach out to those who are in need.
Fifth Chakra throat center (Visshudha)
- Balanced: Self-expressive, creative, honest, and commutative.
- Imbalanced: Self-righteous, talks too much, lacks creativity, indecision, quiet, holds back, inconsistent, can't express thoughts.
- Stones:Lapis lazuli, blue calcite, kyanite, angelite, aquamarine, amazonite.
The throat chakra is the place that helps you to communicate, express, and really listen to others when they speak. This energy center at your throat is the doorway to your angels and spiritual guides. Most communication is received through sight or hearing, but you can also receive information or messages that are harder to define. The blue energy of the 5th chakra is cooling, which can make you feel peaceful and relaxed. when you're at ease its easier to be able to hear what others are saying because it's easier to pay attention when you're calm. The sky blue energy will help you to feel comfortable speaking up and saying what you need to say. 5th chakra practice: Express yourself through art, write for yourself, and talk only to people who will truly listen to you.
Sixth Chakra: Third Eye (Ajna)
- Balanced:Intuitive, imaginative, visual, and insightful.
- Imbalanced:Lack of vision, nightmares, migraines, manipulative, religiously dogmatic, non-assertive, oversensitivity to feelings of others, afraid of success, Unable to distinguish between ego, and higher self.
- All indigo/Purple stones: Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite,Purple Sapphire, Fluorite.
Your sixth chakra (third eye) is the center of your psychic powers and higher intuition. Through the power of the sixth chakra, you are able to receive guidance, channel and tune into your higher self. This is the energy center that allows you to experience telepathy, astral travel, and past lives. The color indigo symbolizes the bridge between finite and infinite. Your third eye is where you “see” the unseen, know the unknown, and feel what isn’t obvious. It is in this divine color ray of indigo energy that you can connect with the world of spirit. Placing a Lapis Lazuli on the third eye is a practice utilized by the ancients for this exact purpose, connecting to the divine. 6th chakra practice: Daydream, and visualize what you wish to manifest in your life. meditate and focus on the present.
Seventh Chakra: Crown (Sahasrara)
- Balanced: Open minded,inspired, and spiritually connected.
- Imbalanced: Hopelessness, depression, alienation
- Stones: Clear Quartz, amethyst, selenite, Lepidolite, moonstone.
Your crown chakra is located at the very top of your head, and your higher crown chakra extends beyond the top of your head creating a glowing halo like globe that surrounds it. The Seventh Chakra is represented by the color of violet (spiritual mastery). This chakra corresponds with the highest element in our nature. Violet is also a high vibrational color, combining both red (matter) and blue (spirit). The crown Chakra is “to know” when healthy and opened we feel inspired, spiritually connected, and open to the divine. Clear quartz is one of the most powerful and effective stones to use at the crown chakra. You may also utilize an amethyst point or cluster on your third eye while laying down when you sit to meditate. 7th chakra practice: Ask for what you want, write down your intentions, connect with your higher power and write down all things good in your life.
The Hoodwitch and Chakrubs have joined forces to bring you a divinely feminine Valentine's Day experience!
Lemurian Quartz crystals are considered to be one of the "Master Crystals" as they are associated with all of the chakras, all astrological signs, all elements, and all planetary aspects.