A Full Moon that occurs between June 22 and July 22 will be in the Earthy sign of Capricorn.
Use a Capricorn full moon in magickal works pertaining to:
- Career matters
- Anything to do with status, establishment of reputation
- Planning & organizing (focusing on goals)
- Healing the joints in your body (especially the knees)
The Capricorn moon is a powerful time for setting long-term goals, acknowledgement of your accomplishments, divination, and past life-regression. Our Capricorn moon says it's time to start taking care of business. Taking time to pay special attention to our needs for security, our duties and obligations, drives, and ambitions. "Going for it" materially, as now is the time for ambitiousness and persistence. This is a bad time to ask or obtain anything from established authorities (patriarchal systems), you do those in Leo moons, as this is the time where traditional modes prevail. Capricorn brings a desire to create environments and energy is usually slowed down, so be careful to avoid insensitivity to others, and stay out of negative and pessimistic mind sets that are only going to drag you down. Take this moon's energy to deal with your material plane, especially if you've neglected it for too long.
Capricorn moon rituals tend to be a bit harder to get initiated because of the amount of grounded Earth energy, but once they do they will be a lot of fun, so enjoy the energy of this thunder moon by utilizing an affirmation in your full moon meditation.
- According to The Farmer’s Almanac, July is the month when the new antlers of buck deer push out of their foreheads in coatings of beautiful velvety fur. Our beautiful Luna is also called The Thunder Moon tonight, as this is the time when thunderstorms are most frequent.
- Essential Oils: Frankincense, Patchouli, Cypress, Rosemary
- Candle colors: White, dark blue, green, brown
- Stones: Obsidian, garnet, Tiger's eye, smoky quartz, citrine
- Goddess of the Capricorn moon: All crones.